Bumper Property Growth in 2013
Experts are predicting bumper growth for property in 2013
Some of the key trends supporting this potential growth are;
- Australians have been saving more after the scare of the GFC! In fact, 68% of people are ahead on their mortgage payments and credit card debt is historically low.In other words, Aussie’s are being smarter financially…and this means they have more money to invest in property.
- ‘China’s growth predictions are of a whopping 8% growth this year. This will have a very positive impact on the Australian economy.
- There is an implosion of cash from SMSF’s (Self-Managed Super Funds) are flooding into the real estate market…as more investors choose to invest in property directly through their super.
- The share market is showing signs of entering into another ‘bull run’ which will greatly enhance people’s wealth and their ‘confidence’ to invest in property.
- The finalisation of the federal election will give investors more ‘certainty’
- Interest rates are at a historic low making it easier for first home buyers & investors to get into the market
- Migrants continue to come to the country in large amounts & housing supply still remains tight in many areas…we will likely see rents continue to climb.
- This makes the rent yields for investors more exciting.
Property prices have remained subdued over the last year but this could all be about to change. As the uncertainty lingering from the GFC finally lifts, economic stability returns, China booms again and we see a change of Government the underlying property shortage will see prices start to rise. For anyone who has watched the market through it swings and troughs before will know, once it starts to increase, it just goes up and up, as investors who have been sitting on the fence start jumping in. So seize the opportunity and get in now before prices rise.